Psalm 23 Prayer

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me; bless His holy, holy name. (Ps. 103:1)

Thank you that You are my Shepherd and I need not be concerned or in want for anything. (Ps. 23:1)

Thank you for causing me to lie down in the healing and soothing pastures of time spent with You and You alone. You know when I need the time away more than I do, and I thank you for Your attention to my needs and not my wants. (Ps. 23:2)

Thank you for the refreshment provided by the quiet waters flowing from Your Word. You are the Living Water in whom I am strengthened and refreshed when my soul becomes parched from an abundance of activities, ignoring my need for Your refreshment. (Ps. 23:3) 

Thank you, Divine Shepherd, for directing my steps toward righteousness, for Your name’s sake, and not my own. It’s not about me, Lord, but about You. (Ps. 23:3) 

Thank you, Lord, that I need not fear any evil in the valley of shadowy doubts and fears, knowing Lord, that You have not left me to venture through it alone. (Ps. 23:4) 

Thank you for Your rod of correction to direct me when I veer off Your path of righteousness, and for Your staff to lift me out of the ditch into which I may fall in those times I was so engrossed in feeding my flesh, I took my eyes off of You. Your word tells me You reprove whom You love (Prov. 3:12), and there is much comfort in that. (Ps. 23:4) 

Thank you that I may feast on the truth of Your Word, feeding my spirit on Your goodness and abundance. Thank you for preparing the table before me, amid those who do not fully understand the blessedness of Your grace and mercy, as well as in the presence of my enemy who is a defeated foe. (Ps. 23:5, Eph. 4:8) 

You have anointed me with Your goodness and abundance not only for my needs, but for my delight as well. You pour over my head the oil of gladness, the oil of Your Spirit, and the oil of Your grace. My cup surely overflows from Your abundant grace, love, favor, and mercy of God in Christ, which is from everlasting to everlasting. (Ps. 23:5, 6) 

All blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen. (Rev. 7:12) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!