Psalm 139 Prayer


Father in heaven, You know me better than I know myself. You understand the way I think and the way I process my thoughts. Before I even speak, Lord, You know what I will say and the motive in which I will say it. Thank You for the assurance of Your constant presence surrounding me, just as the mountains surround Jerusalem. (Ps. 125:2) I cannot begin to understand how or why You do this for someone like me, Lord. Your ways are much too high for me to comprehend, but I thank You that You do. (Ps. 139:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

It is impossible to run from You, God. No matter where I go, You are there. I cannot hide from You. I know; I’ve tried, and still—You were there, upholding me with Your righteous right hand. Even in the darkest of places Lord, I found the light of Your presence, and I watched and rejoiced as darkness fled in terror.  I’ve learned there is no darkness in You. Praise you God! (Ps. 139:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

You’ve known Your plans for me since You formed me within my mother’s womb. Forgive me Father, when I have acted as though I did not like the way in which You formed me. Who am I to argue with the One who created me? (Is. 45:9) You intimately know every cell of my body. Nothing about me takes You by surprise, for nothing is hidden from you. I truly am nothing without You God, and I will honor what You created, Lord, to the best of my ability, and in my remaining days which You ordained long ago, I will bless You God with my body, mind, and spirit. (Ps. 139:13, 14, 15, 16)

Your omniscience amazes me God. I am grateful and thankful for Your providence, and the number of times You've shown me Your love, tenderness, and mercy in my lowly situations. How I love you, Lord. (Ps. 139:17, 18)

Lord, the slanderous and godless speech and ways of the wicked pierce my heart, as I know it does Yours. Their actions and obscenities are an affront to You, God. I am thankful that I can hide myself in You as You deal with the sinful nature of man according to righteousness and justice, which are the foundation of Your throne. (Ps. 139:19, 20, 21, 22)

Lord, search my heart for anything within me that opposes Your holiness. Root out any corrupt inclinations and or hurtful intentions from me, for I desire to be holy as You are holy, and lead me in the way of Your everlasting life.(Ps. 139:23-24)

As I lift Your word from this inspired psalm of David back to You, Father, I praise You that You will accomplish what You desire, (Is. 55:11) in Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!